Monday, March 17, 2014

Sunday Supper: Panko and Dill Pork Loin

This weeks Sunday Supper is an ode to my love of dill. I use it while pickling every season, but never really cooked with it until just recently. Dill is cheap, readily available throughout the year, and the main spice in so many of my favorite meals. I've found that the best way to store pretty much any fresh herb is to wash and trim the ends significantly, then place in a small glass with water in the fridge. Dill has kept like this for weeks, cilantro as well. Once a week, I trim the ends, change the water, and put back into the fridge. Plus, it's like having my own little herb garden in my fridge.

-Enjoy!

Panko and Dill crusted Pork Loin

Ingredients:

8 tbsp fresh chopped dill
2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
3 minced garlic cloves
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2- 1 3/4 lb boneless pork loin
1/3 cup Panko Italian flavored bread crumbs
2 tbsp olive oil

Directions:
-Combine 3 tbsp of dill, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl and generously spread over both sides of pork.
-Combine Panko, 3 tbsp of dill, and olive oil and pat over both sides of pork loin.
-Place in a shallow roasting pan or baking dish coated with olive oil, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
-Heat oven to 425, and cook pork loin, covered, for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375, and bake an additional 35-40 mins. (I like the internal temp of pork to reach 150-160 instead of 140. I promise this can be done without drying out the pork!)
-Let pork stand 10 mins, then garnish with remaining dill, slice, and serve.

This recipe is great with any grain: couscous, pasta, or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment