Monday, March 3, 2014

Sunday Supper: Lemon Dill Chicken and Homemade Pasta

The Sunday Supper Series:

One of the most magical equations I know involves family, kitchen, and food. I've always been an avid chef, and sincerely enjoy creating meals for my family. During the week, I try to find creative ways to entertain my son while I quickly chop veggies, or get items into a baking pan. The weekends, however, are a sweet reprieve from this one handed, one eyed, running between two rooms, balancing act. The way I see it, it's bonding time all around, between father and son, and mother and kitchen. With that being said, I present my Sunday Supper Series, a new recipe each week based upon what's currently inspiring me at the moment. 


 
Lemon Dill Chicken & Homemade Pasta

Lemon Dill Chicken:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt & pepper
4 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
4 cloves minced garlic
1 cup of chicken broth
2 tbsp flour
4 tbsp chopped fresh dill
2 tbsp lemon juice

Directions:
-Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper
-Heat a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat, and add 2 tsp of olive oil.
-Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides @5 minutes.
-Remove chicken from pan and place on a plate. Cover with foil.
-Add 2 tsp of remaining olive oil to pan with garlic and onions. Saute for @2 minutes until fragrant.
-Whisk broth, flour, 2 tbsp dill, and lemon juice in a cup. Slowly add to garlic and onion mixture, and whisk until dissolved over medium heat @ 3-5mins.
-Once the mixture has thickened and is well dissolved, add the chicken back to your pan and cook until internal temp of chicken reaches 165 degrees (@8-12 minutes depending on heat and thickness of your chicken).
-Remove from pan, garnish with remaining dill. This is great served over pasta or rice, as the liquid makes enough to serve as a sauce. 


Bon Appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment