Monday, June 4, 2012

Time to get creative with fruit

This past week, I picked up a TON of fresh fruit as a part of the co-op I belong to. While this certainly is a blessing, there are weeks that we have to get creative so nothing goes to waste. I decided to make fruit infused water, which I've done before for parties- and store it in the beautiful 2 quart mason jars I'm stockpiling for my wedding.

 This is the easiest thing you'll ever do. Take whatever fruit, vegetable, or herb combination suits your fancy, and chop up into large chunks after washing. I used clementines, strawberries, lemons, and 3 sprigs of basil in the picture below. I also love lemon, cucumber, and rosemary; strawberry, lemon, and sage, or just the classic lemon or cucumber.
 Next, fill your large jar with ice, cap, shake.. and enjoy. I recommend letting it sit for a few hours. This will keep for a few days, but good luck getting it to last that long! There's nothing like fruit infused water on a hot summers day.

No comments:

Post a Comment