Saturday, June 15, 2013

I scream, you scream, we ALL scream for homemade ice cream!

Okay, I am very late to the trend of making ice cream at home- so perhaps my joy and enthusiasm over homemade ice cream is a little overblown. However, I'm addicted to this thing. My husband and I started by making vanilla with the vanilla extract I made last year, then progressed to chocolate. I eventually got ambitious and have made cookies and cream, strawberry with fresh strawberries pureed first, peaches and cream from last years canning crop of peaches, chocolate sorbet, and my newest experiment.... to recreate the tangy delight of Pinkberry Frozen yogurt. I ADORE Pinkberry, and the only one in Utah just so happens to be at the airport. Since I can't jetset just to get some froyo, I figure this recipe is in dire need in my house.. plus I am running out of things to do.. while overdue. ( I was due June 10th... that has yet to happen!). I'm still working on the recipe and process, and will post the results once I've perfected the closest I can get to the true thing. I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of knowing exactly what goes into what my family is eating... in fact, I think I'm getting a little obsessed about it now....


No comments:

Post a Comment