Sunday, June 9, 2013

Homemade knock-off Jello Pudding pops!

Maybe it's just me, but I could sum up my childhood memories with the voice of Bill Cosby saying "Jell-o pudding pops!". Those delicious vanilla and chocolate pops were blended, swirled, amazing goodness on a wooden stick. They were the highlight to the end of a long summers day, a treat when I'd completed my chores, and just about all the motivation I ever needed to get anything my grandparents wanted done. And now, like so many other things from my childhood.. they don't exist anymore. Here's the closest I could find and create for the knock-off- The consistency is the same as the original if you let them freeze overnight instead of just a few hours. I found that my Popsicle maker from Tupperware just didn't quite seem to mold the right way, so I used Dixie cups and Popsicle sticks.

 I really hope one day my children don't look at me when I speak about Jell-o pudding pops the same way I do when my Grandparents reminisce about lavender candy and black licorice *(yuck!)*.....

1 package JELL-O chocolate pudding mix
2 Cups milk
1 cup cool whip

Cups & Sticks

-Blend the pudding mix and milk with a whisk for 2-3 minutes until smooth
-Stir in the cool whip
-Put mixture into each small cup and add a wooden stick to the middle.
-Freeze overnight
-To remove, squeeze the sides of the cup, or run quickly under warm water to loosen.

You could also layer chocolate and vanilla (my favorite), by following the recipe above, but create layers when spooning into the cups.

Relax, enjoy the nostalgia.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment