Friday, May 18, 2012

Wedding Crest-- you seriously need one.


When one conjures up the image of a wedding crest, perhaps you envision me sipping afternoon tea with my pinky in the air. Yes, it sounds rather hoity toity, but truth is, creating a wedding crest is one of the most resourceful, practical, and easy things any bride can do. I created mine from Paper Source, for about $40. I also picked up an additional colored stamp pad, which fit into the circular device, and gave me the option of sticking to my wedding colors. I know this may sound a little costly for "just a stamp", but here are a few ways you can really get your moneys worth using card stock, a punch, and a little imagination:
1. Invitation Seals:  I stamped onto high quality, bright white card stock- then took a photo of it using a high-grade camera. For the most part, this is the image you see above. Yes, I could have ordered a digital version, but that defeats the purpose of using this expensive stamp in as many ways as possible, doesn't it? I created stickers using this image, to seal my outer envelopes for the wedding invitations.
2. Personalized Jar Seals: These stickers seriously come in handy. For my out of town family guests, I am creating large canvas bags filled with Utah-based goodies. One of these goodies is a small jar of honey, with a lid the exact size of this sticker. Look at that, custom made lid labels..
3. CD stickers: Again with the stickers? Yes. Jace and I are creating a cd with our favorite songs as one of the favors, and sealing the cd jewel case with these stickers, just like what you'd buy in the store... if people actually bought cds anymore.
4. Wedding tags: Using a XL circular punch from any craft store- I stamped, then punched out card stock circular tags for our wedding favor burlap bags.
5. Centerpieces: Using the same theory as above, I tea-dyed card stock and singed the edges, then stamped and affixed onto our blue mason jars as part of our centerpieces.
6. Thank you cards: I will be stamping our thank you cards with this stamp, and any other correspondence to our friends and family will be stamped.
7. Street Artist Graffiti: Carry the stamp with you, and stamp up city street signs, walls, buildings, coffee shops, hipster hang outs, flyers,... make your wedding known to the world you stamp crazy diva! Create an underground following for your "art". :) 

So there you have it- at least 7 different cost effective uses for a wedding crest stamp. It is a very cool finishing touch to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment