Friday, May 18, 2012

Cake inspiration

Let me just say this: if I could go cake tasting every day for the rest of my life, I would be a happy woman. We have partnered with an amazing baker, Jennifer from Salt Cake City (www.saltcakecity.com), who has hands down, some of the best, most innovative flavors and decadent ideas in the state. Not to mention she appeals to Jace and I's nerdy sensibility, as she is getting her Ph.D. in Statistics- a lady after our own hearts. When we heard that, we knew she was our baker. After tasting 6 different flavors, we decided on a white cake with white chocolate and buttercream that melts in your mouth and is literally the stuff dreams are made of. We also decided on a white chocolate cake with raspberry filling for the second tier. I close my eyes and can still taste this cake. This is a good thing, as I've heard from many people I won't be eating much on my wedding day. That's fine, because this cake haunts my dreams.

Now, when it came down to deciding on the look of the cake, Jennifer had this amazing idea to make one tier similar to my dress- crafting lace appliques and tiny buttons down the back. I also LOVE the look of quilting on cakes, and the swagged layered fondant-- so there you have it- that's our cake. I am excited to see the final version. For now, here are a few of her other designs that we just loved:



 AND.... HERE is our final version! I ordered the cake topper from Etsy- It is very simple, custom, and turned out cuter than I had imagined! The cake itself was a "Snow White Cake" on the top and bottom layer, and "White raspberry kiss" on the middle layer.

The cake design has quilting on the bottom layer, a swag with flowers and tiny rhinestones on the middle layer, and the same lace as my dress on the top layer. Along the entire back of the cake were tiny buttons, similar to the back of my dress.

I honestly couldn't have been happier with the end result of this cake!




No comments:

Post a Comment