Monday, October 7, 2013

Goodbye Spring Ridge love...

My husband and I have officially sold and closed on our beautiful first home in Utah, and have moved to Minnesota. I never knew I could be so attached to a possession, and I found myself recalling many fond memories while packing. This was the house my husband proposed to me in (via a scavenger hunt of all our best memories as a couple), this was the house our puppy became a full sized dog (and would run up the stairs, only to whimper because she was afraid to go DOWN them), the house we made so many wonderful memories in, and the house we literally poured our heart and soul into. As we begin this exciting new chapter of our lives, and I transition into the role of a stay at home mom, I can only hope that the next couple who owns the home loves it as much as I did. I am filled with that promise, as it was an older couple who purchased it from us, and the wife was very excited to garden in my garden (GOOD- because as you all know, that garden space was a friggin' fire pit when I purchased the home, and I spent THREE YEARS composting, tilling, and renewing the soil back into shape.. okay, rant over ;)  ). 

With all that being said, this blog will need to make a bit of a transition. Our new home doesn't have much to do for dramatic DIY restorations, which is a welcomed blessing considering our newborn currently occupies every waking moment I have. While I figure out exactly what this blog will be and mean to me, I appreciate y'all hanging in there with me. I promise to post ramblings from the midwest, and pass along whatever is currently making my life joyful, as I've always done... but it may be more casseroles and less caulking. More hot dish meals, and less hot mess walls. More fun decorating projects, and less fun remodeling while my husband is away projects (although I'm sure there's still plenty of trouble I can get into in the new house, honey!).

Sweet Spring Ridge drive, you will always hold a place of fond memories in my heart. So much love, laughter, and great times were had in this house, and you will forever be cherished!


Now... let's move into THIS house.. shall we?


No comments:

Post a Comment