Monday, July 25, 2011

C'est Fini!!

After a few weeks of being tres productive, our house is finally FINISHED! In addition to the house, the gutters, the trim, and the potting bench side-project, we have also finished our sprinkler system-- and shockingly our lawn is coming back!
Sadly, my old canon camera has lost it's life.. or found new life in someone else's thieving arms.. needless to say, this was a perfect excuse to get a new Nikon P500. While I build my love affair with my new toy, I have had to learn to use this newfangled contraption, which has taken some time. Jace and I have not posted the updated pictures yet, as we have been rather preoccupied reminiscing in the war stories, bruises, total melt-downs, countless trips to the hardware store (more often than not, in the same day), and near death experiences we faced while renovating the exterior of our home. Jace is happy he no longer needs to scale the death-defying "widow maker" aka: the two story ladder- I am happy I no longer have to pick paint out of my hair and eyelashes. Our war wounds were well worth it though...

There's times that I feel I don't deserve this rather perfect little life, and sitting back on our lawn, gazing up on our hardwork with the love of my life by my side, really makes me appreciate just how lucky I am.

Pictures and the final reveal will come tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. aawwwweee.... you are so freaking cute! Im so happy you have that amazing house with the love of your life, you deserve nothing less!
    P.S. arent cameras the BEST ;) Miss you, sending love your way!
    ~Britt

    ReplyDelete